UAE tops in usage of online photo gallery
Dubai, January 20, 2014
The UAE has claimed the number one spot among Arab countries using Instagramers Gallery, the world’s largest online photo gallery.
Other Arab counties on the list in descending order are Saudi Arabia (second rank), Kuwait (third rank), Lebanon (fourth rank), Morocco (fifth rank) and Egypt (sixth rank), according to Phil Gonzalez, co-founder of Instagramers Gallery.
Other Arab countries active on the platform as well are Qatar, Bahrain, Syria, Yemen, Algeria, Tunisia, Oman, Iraq, Libya and Sudan.
“Analogue photos are less than 4 Billion among the 380 billion photos taken around the world in 2011. At the start of the 21st century, analogue photos were 86 billion, declining to 4 billion and likely to reduce further in coming years,” Gonzales said.
Instagramers Gallery, regarded a revolution in social media networks, expects further demand from the UAE as smartphone ownership has outstripped the global average by 30 per cent, according to a recent survey by research consultancy TNS Global.
Jorge Martínez, co-founder of Instagramers Gallery said: “According to the study, around 78 per cent of UAE population owns a smartphone, compared to the global average of 42 per cent. Also, nearly 40 per cent of UAE consumers either own or are looking to own a tablet. Furthermore, 34 per cent use their smartphones to access social networking sites. All this will fuel social media photography further in the UAE.”
Instagramers Gallery is a virtual photo gallery, based on a massive photography platform, which enables users to share their photographs with the world via www.instagramersgallery.com.
Sparked in Miami, US, and launched worldwide including the Arab world, The Instagramers Gallery is a leading online platform that promotes photography in the Instagram format.
Martínez said: “Instagramers Gallery is a great tool for people to showcase their world. Most of the photos being posted on the photo platform from the UAE are mostly of the categories of People, Travels, Art, Beauty, Family, Landscape and Love.”
A series of prizes are offered for those who participate in the Instagramers Gallery.
The ‘Photo-Day Prize’ is picked daily by participants. The total value of prizes offered by Instagramers Gallery will reach $100,000, making the ‘Instagramers Photo Prize’ the largest photography prize ever awarded via social media. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Instagram |
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal