Bold&Beautiful stars to race Abu Dhabi triathlon
Abu Dhabi, 13 days ago
US soap opera stars Katherine Kelly Lang and Don Diamont, from CBS show The Bold and the Beautiful, are set to compete in this year’s Abu Dhabi International Triathlon, which takes place on March 15.
Lang will compete in the individual short course (1.5km swim, 100km bike, 10k run), while Diamont will captain The Bold and the Beautiful Tri Team, taking on the swim leg in the waters off Abu Dhabi’s Corniche beach.
Lang will be raising money for ‘Breakaway from Cancer’ initiative, which is aimed at increasing awareness of the important resources available to people affected by cancer regarding prevention, education, support, financial assistance and survivorship; while Diamont will be fundraising for the Don Diamond/Alyssa Mazur Foundation.
Faisal Al Sheikh, director, Events Bureau, Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), which is organising the annual event, said; “Unknown to many of her fans, Katherine is also a talented sportswoman and triathlete and has been persuaded to join us on the Corniche line-up adding an additional touch of glamour to our existing super-star line-up.
“This will be Don’s triathlon debut and we’re thrilled it’s being made in Abu Dhabi.”
“I’m really excited to be competing in Abu Dhabi. I’ve heard it’s one of the world’s most beautiful and challenging triathlon courses and I’m planning to head over ahead of time to get in some training and take full advantage of the spectacular surrounding,” said Lang.
“When Katherine told me she was taking part, I jumped at the chance to join her! As this is my first triathlon, I’ll be competing as part of a relay team which I think is the perfect way to experience a triathlon event and get a feel for what’s in store,” said Diamont.
The Bold and the Beautiful Tri Team will compete to raise money for The Don Diamont/Alyssa Mazur Foundation at UCLA’s MS Research and Treatment Center. Diamont founded the Foundation to raise funds for MS research after his niece, Alyssa, was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS).
Other stars scheduled for the triathlon starting line include Olympic champion Alistair Brownlee and his brother, 2012 world champion Jonathan. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat