Second edition of VFDE puts spotlight on 28 designers
Dubai, August 6, 2014
Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience’ (VFDE), which serves as a mentoring platform for upcoming fashion designers, has selected 20 emerging designers to showcase their women’s and accessories S/S 2015 collections at this year’s VFDE at the ‘International Talents Showcase’.
The second edition of VFDE will host the fashion show at Armani Hotel Dubai on October 31 and November 1.
Additionally, an array of workshops and panel discussions will be held at The Dubai Mall from October 30 to November 1.
VFDE will also celebrate the talent of eight new international designers at a fashion show to be held at The Dubai Mall Fashion Catwalk on October 30.
The eight brands chosen are:
- Asudari Studio designed by Lamia Asudari (Saudi Arabia)
- Christopher Esber designed by Christopher Esber (Australia)
- J. JS Lee designed by Jackie JS Lee (South Korea)
- Madiya Al Sharqi designed by Madiya Al Sharqi (UAE)
- Miuniku designed by Tina Sutradhar and Nikita Sutradhar (India)
- N°3 designed by Bushra Badri and Amira Al Khaja (UAE)
- Stella Jean designed by Stella Jean (Italy)
- Piccione Piccione designed by Salvatore Piccione (Italy)
The designers were selected by Vogue Italia as part of VFDE’s focus on mentoring the new generation talents, a statement said.
A panel of international fashion players will attend the exhibit of their S/S 2015 collections giving them the opportunity to be seen and potentially break into new markets, it said. - TradeArabia News Service