Acision in spotlight
Dubai, June 24, 2007
Communications and media industries have a new heavyweight with the launch of Acision.
c is a dynamic new half-billion dollar company with world leading status and credentials.
Launching with more than 300 clients serving over one billion customers across the two industries, Acision combines a progressive, exciting and agile philosophy of innovation with an experienced and trusted team.
The company has 43 years of intellectual property and an unparalleled reputation in mobile data services.
Chris McDermott, CEO of Acision, comments on the launch: “Acision is in the enviable position of having investors with a deep market knowledge and long term focus, supporting a team renowned for creativity and assured service delivery.
“We already lead the market with our products and innovation, placing us at the heart of our customers’ strategic business services.
“Our local expertise and global experience, teamed with new investment, put us in a great position to achieve our goal of providing solutions that make our clients successful.”
Acision has been formed from the recent £265 million (US $525 million) purchase of LogicaCMG Telecoms Products by a consortium including private equity buyer Atlantic Bridge Ventures and industrial holding group Access Industries.
The investors intend for Acision to build on the firm’s heritage of pioneering innovation to expand its global market leadership position in Intuitive Messaging, Intelligent Charging, Content Enablement and Customer Intelligence Management for network operators, service providers, broadband operators, content owners and broadcasters.
Acision employs approximately 1,700 people in 22 countries across six continents.
'The new Acision brand will focus exclusively on the telecoms sector,' said Nabil Y Khalil, managing director, Acision in Middle East and North Africa (Mena).
'Acision's presence in Mena reflects our continuous commitment to the region's service providers and the telecoms industry.
“Although our name has changed, our core values and our operating standards have not. We remain dedicated to delivering superior solutions and to supporting our regional customers with the best resources and expertise.'
The company’s back catalogue of achievements include:
• Pioneering SMS, a technology for which Acision continues to lead the market (Informa)
• Processing over half of the world’s text and multimedia messages every day (Informa)
• Serving three out of four videomail users globally (Portio Research)
• Monetising over $100 billion for network operators and service providers through its content and messaging payment systems
• Masterminding the first real time subscriber behavioural analysis for management decision making
• Enabling TV show American Idol to interact with a record breaking 60 million voters, generating revenues and additional content sales
• Processing over 18 billion text messages globally on New Years Day 2007 – a record number
• Delivering the world’s first 3G mobile messaging platform
• Serving the most successful Mena Telco operators for over 10 years
With the new investment, Acision will continue to add to this list of market achievements, making the name Acision synonymous with innovation, assured.
Established in June 2007, Acision launched with more than 300 clients, serving over one billion customers worldwide.
Renowned for its progressive, exciting and agile philosophy of innovation along with assured service delivery, Acision enables network operators, service providers, broadband operators and content owners to increase revenues, enhance customer loyalty and capitalise on the opportunities offered by convergence.
With over 4