ADMC names new executive committee member
Abu Dhabi, December 16, 2007
The Abu Dhabi Media Company (ADMC) has appointed Michael Garin to its executive committee.
Garin began his media career at Time Incorporated where he worked for Time, Fortune and Time-Life Television from 1968 to 1978. He left Time Inc to help co-found Telepictures which merged with Lorimar in 1984.
Lorimar-Telepictures became the leading independent television company in the US and in 1989 was acquired by Warner Communications. Lorimar-Telepictures and its team form the nucleus of Warner Bros. Television today.
“There is huge potential for development in the Middle East, and recent years have seen rapid growth across its regional economies and markets. This has brought with it a thirst for locally developed media content delivered to the international standards that this increasingly sophisticated market has come to expect,” said Garin.
“I’m grateful for the confidence and trust my new colleagues have placed in me and look forward to a very long relationship with all of them,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals