Bahrain's beauty on canvas
Manama, March 9, 2008
An month-long exhibition capturing the distinctive beauty of Bahrain got underway at Lina's CafŽ in the Diplomatic Area.
British artist Meriel Cooper Wallace is showing more than 30 paintings, including watercolours and mixed media.
The collection features tourist attractions such as the Bahrain Fort and dhow anchorage near the Bahrain Financial Harbour, as well as some buildings, plants, flowers and birds.
Bahrain Businesswomen's Society president Mona Almoayyed launched the exhibition, entitled 'Made in Bahrain.'
Wallace, who has been painting all her life and working as a professional artist for 20 years, has lived here for three years and is part of a group called the Awali Artists.
'The exhibition shows work which reflects my deep appreciation for Bahrain,' she told the Gulf Daily News.
The month-long exhibition will be open daily from 8am to 9pm.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain