Maritime patrol area soon in Gulf of Aden
Manama, August 23, 2008
A Maritime Security Patrol Area (MSPA) will be set up in the Gulf of Aden, it was revealed on Friday.
A force of coalition navy warships and aircraft will patrol the area. Combined Task Force 150 commander Commodore Bob Davidson (Canadian Navy) will lead the forces, said a report on Saturday in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The MSPA is being established in support of the International Maritime Organisation's ongoing efforts to counter destabilising activities in the region, said a statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals