New chairman for Khaleej Times
Dubai, September 22, 2008
Abdulla Al Shaibani, chairman of Galadari Brothers, announced today the appointment of media and marketing veteran Hussain Ali Lootah as the chairman of Khaleej Times.
Commenting on the new appointment, Mohammed Al Shaibani, director general of The Ruler’s Court and CEO of the Investment Corporation of Dubai, said: “Hussain Ali Lootah brings an abundance of media and marketing experience to Khaleej Times, as it embarks on a new strategic direction. Hussain represents a core group of UAE nationals, who have excelled in their professional careers, and are ever willing to take up new challenges to help drive the development of significant initiatives in the country.”
Abdulla Al Shaibani, chairman of Galadari Brothers, said: “Under Hussain Lootah’s chairmanship, I am confident that the UAE’s first English language newspaper will soar to greater heights in the regional media scene.”
Lootah is also the chief executive officer of Dubai Media Incorporated (DMI), which owns several local media brands including Dubai TV.
Lootah, who holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the United States, started his career as Head of Business Services at the Department of Economic Development, Dubai in 1992 before moving on to the DSF office in 1997. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse