ADMC rebrands Abu Dhabi TV
Abu Dhabi, October 12, 2008
Abu Dhabi Media Company unveiled new onscreen identities and programming for its three TV channels as part of a major rebranding of Abu Dhabi TV.
The flagship channel has been renamed Abu Dhabi Al Oula. Additionally, the channels Abu Dhabi Al Emarat and Abu Dhabi Al Riyadiya now reference their roots in the emirate.
'In a highly competitive marketplace, it is essential that Abu Dhabi TV stands out from the crowd by innovating and evolving its brands and content in line with audience demands,' said Mohamed Khalaf Al-Mazrouei, chairman of Abu Dhabi Media Company.
'This new identity is symbolic of both Abu Dhabi’s heritage and its future as a leading player in regional broadcasting.'
Abu Dhabi Media Company adopted a strategic approach by creating a new visual language and identity in order to unify the three channels.
While delivering a distinct personality for each brand, the design is inspired by the emirate’s forefathers who relied on the dhow sail to transform their lives. The new Abu Dhabi TV logo proudly reflects the sail’s jewel-like qualities when reflected in water.
“We believe we’ve achieved a winning combination of style and substance which will reflect the ambitions of our channels both in terms of viewership and commercial sense,” Karim Sarkis, executive director of Broadcast at Abu Dhabi Media Company.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires