Indian firm to launch ‘sugar ships’ at expo
Dubai, February 18, 2009
An Indian sugar company is set to launch its concept of sugar in the shape of ships at an upcoming major food exhibition.
Ugar Sugar Works, an Indian sugar manufacturer of a turnover of Rs 6 billion ($120 million), is set to enter Middle East with its novel concept of sugar ships at the Gulf Food Exhibition 2009- the 14th Gulf Food, Hotel and Equipment exhibition and Salon Culiniare.
The expo will be held from February 23 to 26 at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre.
The concept, marketed under the brand name Filmi Shakkar (sugar in the shape of ships), is said to be the first of its kind worldwide and has already marked its success in Europe and is now looking to making a debut in the UAE. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head