Iranian comic to star in ABC family sitcom
Los Angeles, January 11, 2010
Iranian-born comic Maz Jobrani will star in the ABC family sitcom pilot “Funny in Farsi”, while another Iranian native, Marjan Nehsat, will co-star in the project based on the memoir by Iranian-born author Firoozeh Dumas.
Jobrani will play the dad, Mohammed Sayed Kazem Jazeyeri (a.k.a. Kaz), an engineer for an oil company who emigrated with his family from Iran to Newport Beach.
Neshat will play the mother Nazireh (a.k.a. Nancy), who finds it hard to assimilate in her new environment, in the project about growing up in Newport Beach, Califonia, during the 1970s.
Armenian-American Hrach Titizian will play Uncle Mansoor, Kaz's jovial younger brother.
Jobrani is a familiar face on ABC. He co-starred on ABC's “Knights of Prosperity'' and has a recurring role on the network's sophomore comedy ``Better Off Ted.'' A TV special based on his stand-up tour, ``Maz Jobrani: Brown & Friendly,'' airs on Showtime.
Titizian has a recurring role on the upcoming season of Fox's “24”' as Nabeel, the second-in-command to President Hassan (Anil Kapoor). – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day