Iranian comic to star in ABC family sitcom
Los Angeles, January 11, 2010
Iranian-born comic Maz Jobrani will star in the ABC family sitcom pilot “Funny in Farsi”, while another Iranian native, Marjan Nehsat, will co-star in the project based on the memoir by Iranian-born author Firoozeh Dumas.
Jobrani will play the dad, Mohammed Sayed Kazem Jazeyeri (a.k.a. Kaz), an engineer for an oil company who emigrated with his family from Iran to Newport Beach.
Neshat will play the mother Nazireh (a.k.a. Nancy), who finds it hard to assimilate in her new environment, in the project about growing up in Newport Beach, Califonia, during the 1970s.
Armenian-American Hrach Titizian will play Uncle Mansoor, Kaz's jovial younger brother.
Jobrani is a familiar face on ABC. He co-starred on ABC's “Knights of Prosperity'' and has a recurring role on the network's sophomore comedy ``Better Off Ted.'' A TV special based on his stand-up tour, ``Maz Jobrani: Brown & Friendly,'' airs on Showtime.
Titizian has a recurring role on the upcoming season of Fox's “24”' as Nabeel, the second-in-command to President Hassan (Anil Kapoor). – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain