Film fest lines up 25 short films
Dubai, April 3, 2010
A total of 25 short films set against the backdrop of politics and the triumphs and travails of individuals, which capture the multi-faceted identity of the Gulf will be screened at a special show at an upcoming film festival in Dubai.
The films form the Lights segment at the third edition of the Gulf Film Festival to be held from April 8 to 14 in Dubai Studio City.
Together, they offer a perfect kaleidoscope into the contemporary Gulf society, captured on camera in a crisp, no-frills manner, a statement said.
“By their very nature, short films need to be creatively structured to convey a powerful idea in a relatively short period of time,” said Masoud Amralla Ali, festival director.
“Our showcase this year shows how the filmmakers have experimented with diverse subjects and have succeeded in connecting with the audience,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse