Film fest lines up 25 short films
Dubai, April 3, 2010
A total of 25 short films set against the backdrop of politics and the triumphs and travails of individuals, which capture the multi-faceted identity of the Gulf will be screened at a special show at an upcoming film festival in Dubai.
The films form the Lights segment at the third edition of the Gulf Film Festival to be held from April 8 to 14 in Dubai Studio City.
Together, they offer a perfect kaleidoscope into the contemporary Gulf society, captured on camera in a crisp, no-frills manner, a statement said.
“By their very nature, short films need to be creatively structured to convey a powerful idea in a relatively short period of time,” said Masoud Amralla Ali, festival director.
“Our showcase this year shows how the filmmakers have experimented with diverse subjects and have succeeded in connecting with the audience,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai private security firm gets key certification
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet