Technogym to showcase eco-friendly range
Dubai, May 12, 2010
Technogym, a leading provider of premium fitness appliances, will showcase its latest range of eco-friendly products at an upcoming major event for the hospitality industry in Dubai.
The Hotel Show 2010 will be held from May 18 to 20 at Dubai World Trade Centre.
“Technogym’s presence at the Hotel Show 2010 is to confirm our leadership in the hotel and spa industry and position Technogym as an eco-friendly green solutions provider to the hotel industry and not only an equipment manufacturer,” said Christian Dietrich, managing director, Technogym Emirates.
“Technogym as the industry leader provides tastefully designed and intelligently engineered products to offer green solutions,” he added.
“This year Technogym will also be launching its latest addition to the already very extensive cardio equipment line with stunning technology features thus representing a revolution in the cardiovascular equipment.”
Technogym will showcase its new products – Green Group Cycle, Visio Web and Jog Now. It will also feature Club 2.0 and the Wellness Suite Solution concept comprising of the Kinesis Personal, Run Personal and Wellness Tools.
The Green Group Cycle channels the energy produced on exercise bikes into the electric network which can be used to power the gym’s electrical appliances. So the gym of the future becomes a mini, self-sufficient power station, thanks to the energy produced by the physical movements of its users.
Estimates forecast that every bike, when used at medium intensity, can produce about 120 watt, the energy to power a high luminosity bulb. This means that an average gym, equipped with about 40 machines could become completely self-sufficient as far as lighting is concerned during peak times when all the machines are in use, a statement said.
Club 2.0, a totally new approach for clubs to better understand their members, focuses on people’s aspirations and helps understand the way in which this determines how they use the gym. This unique tool enables the club to match customer experiences to their aspirations and goals, the statement said.
VISIOweb is the first integrated display offering internet, TV and iPod connections during workouts. With VISIOweb, fitness enthusiasts can dedicate more time to their health while twittering, contacting friends on Facebook and keeping up-to-date with all the latest news.
The Wellness Suite connects with the needs of Technogym’s clients to see complete solutions to be integrated in their current hotels, rooms and gyms, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo