Modhesh World welcomes World Cup in style
Dubai, June 12, 2010
Modhesh World, a major attraction for children for the upcoming Dubai Summer Surprises, welcomed the 2010 FIFA World Cup in celebration with parades and musicians attired in FIFA jerseys.
Stilt walkers and numerous other performers dressed in colorful costumes showed off their skills as soccer fans headed to the Sports Zone to watch the matches live, said a the event organisers.
Coco-Cola, a sponsor of Modhesh World and the official drink of FIFA has brought the FIFA World Cup to Modhesh World. Visitors can watch the matches for free at Modhesh World.
Bouatalem Belhadi, an Algerian father of three, said, 'FIFA is an event that cannot be missed. This is an amazing initiative of Modhesh World as it allows parents to enjoy the matches without worrying about the children. Since Modhesh World is so safe and has so many volunteers who genuinely take care of the children I can sit back and enjoy the matches.'
'This place is so spacious, clean and close to my place. Plus my children are enjoying themselves; it is an absolute win-win situation for me,' he added.
Modhesh World doors are open from 10am to 10pm (Saturday to Wednesday), 10am to midnight (Thursdays), and 3pm to midnight on Fridays. Tickets to the venue are priced at Dh10 ($2.72) for adults and Dh15 for children with numerous free zones and exciting activities.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals