Al Bustan Rotana Dubai chef wins top honour
Dubai, June 15, 2010
Al Bustan Rotana Dubai’s French executive chef Christophe Prud’homme was recently named as Maitre Cuisinier de France, or Master Chef of France.
Maitre Cuisinier de France is said to be one of the most sought-after international accolades a chef could aspire for. The prestigious title entails a rigid application process so discerning that on an average of fifty applicants, only two or three chefs come out successfully every year. To be considered, renowned colleagues in the culinary industry will have to justify why you should be accepted in the highly exclusive roster of master chefs.
The organisation aims to preserve and spread the French culinary arts and its members are mostly winners in international culinary competitions. Every year, the organisation holds a lavish awarding ceremony in French key cities to honour the awardees.
For the awarding ceremony, Chef Christophe travelled specially to Dijon, France to receive his medal.
Commenting on this recognition, he remarked, “This award is a manifestation of 22 years of hard work as a chef, combined with my passion to consistently excel in my craft.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers