Costa Coffee holds barista contest
Dubai, August 10, 2010
The Mena and India units of Costa Coffee, a leading Italian coffee franchise, recently conducted their annual barista competition in Dubai.
John Greggy Aguila from Costa UAE claimed first place amongst competitors from nine other countries to win the title of Regional Barista Champion at the Amwaj Rotana.
Aguila will be heading to London to take part in the Costa Barista of the Year Champion of Champions final and compete to win Costa’s annual international coffee title, Barista of the Year.
The 10 finalists from around the world will be tested once again at the final on October 21 on their ability to produce a technically perfect cup of hand-made coffee and their knowledge and understanding of the industry.
They are also judged on their overall performance, flair and passion for great coffee. They will also have to create their own unique signature drink which is judged on its taste, presentation and innovation.
“Costa’s Barista of the Year competition is about recognizing professional excellence and advancing the barista profession,” said Paul Robinson, regional director for Costa Mena & India. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role