Dohaland wins Arabian Business CSR award
Doha, September 28, 2010
Dohaland was awarded the prestigious Arabian Business ‘Special Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award’ at the inaugural Arabian Business Qatar Awards 2010.
A panel of leading editorial and industry judges bestowed the award on Dohaland for their outstanding and continuing social contributions to the Qatari community which included numerous social initiatives in the fields of sustainability, environment, heritage, community interaction and youth development.
“Our various initiatives are an extension of our dedication to our core values of sustainability, heritage, promoting knowledge sharing and community interaction,' stated Issa M Al Mohannadi, CEO of Dohaland.
Using art as a catalyst, Dohaland was able to engage 58 schools with over 3000 children between the ages of 8 and 14, drawing, sketching/ painting their ideas of the city of their dreams.
A year-old Dohaland CSR commitment, the Future Affiliate Club was initiated to open channels of communication with the youth, offering them the prospect of working with Dohaland, providing an opportunity to prepare for their future roles as Qatari leaders.
Launched in January 2010, the floating wonder ‘Knowledge Enrichment Centre’, moored off Doha Corniche, is a long-term endowment providing the community with an avenue to learn and enhance their experiences through thematic workshops, gallery space with exhibits that focus on the Qatari heritage.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha
- Twelve dead in Qatar restaurant gas explosion