Averda wins Abu Dhabi waste management deal
Abu Dhabi, November 14, 2010
The Center of Waste Management – Abu Dhabi has awarded a five-year contract to Averda, to deliver a complete range of environmental services to some of the emirate’s most prestigious developments.
“Our commitment to the protection of the environment and human health is in line with Abu Dhabi 2030 master plan. Abu Dhabi will soon be recognized as a world leader in sustainable and integrated solid waste management,” stated Hamad Al Ameri, general manager, The Center of Waste Management in Abu Dhabi.
“We are very happy to win this contract and work on prestigious developments in the UAE. It gives us the chance to introduce some innovative collection and recycling services,” added Malek Sukkar, CEO Averda.
Averda will establish solid waste collection and transportation (collection services), cleaning and street sweeping services (cleaning services), pest control, and on-call to the Yas Island, Al Raha Beach, Al Raha Gardens and Al Gurm projects.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm