Summertown forms 'green' committee
Dubai, February 6, 2011
Summertown Interiors, the first turnkey fit out contractor in the UAE to occupy LEED certified interiors within its industry, has formed their dedicated Green Committee.
The committee is a dedicated association of company employees spearheaded by the company’s managing director, Marcos Bish, to create an objective, dynamic plan of action to make the company carbon neutral by 2020.
The Green Committee has established 5 core pillars that form the basis of the company’s carbon neutral strategy, namely clients, suppliers, people, operations and measurement. To achieve Summertown’s foremost ambition, to ensure the company’s full turn to green by the year 2020, the Green Committee have engineered a series of specific objectives and activities based on each of these pillars that strive to gradually and consistently put increasingly impactful environmental policies into action.
“At Summertown, we recognise that there are noteworthy cost implications and time requirements that come with implementing such environmental standards, as the market looks towards solutions such as renewable energy. Therefore the basis behind our decision-making, has been to develop a realistic line of attack with achievable goals that keeps Summertown in line with the pace at which the market is developing as the UAE moves towards its goal of creating a platform for a greener future,” said Marcos Bish, managing director for Summertown Interiors.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement