BAE to showcase new products at Abu Dhabi show
Abu Dhabi, February 10, 2011
UK-based BAE Systems, a leading defence, security and aerospace company, is showcasing a wide range of innovative products and technologies at an upcoming defence exhibition and conference in Abu Dhabi.
The 10th edition of International Defence Exhibition and Conference (Idex), the largest defence and security event in the Mena region, will take place from February 20 to 24 at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec).
The introduction of an Innovation Zone at the event will highlight new and futuristic technologies, focusing on active protection, autonomy and biometric surveillance.
The future protected vehicle programme being developed by BAE Systems aims to highlight both short and long-term technologies and concepts, which can be used to boost the effectiveness of lightweight armoured vehicles, and will be a key highlight of the Innovation Zone.
“Innovation and technology is the cornerstone of BAE Systems and we are pleased to be able to showcase key products and services that reflect the high level of R&D which goes into everything we do,” said Simon Keith, managing director for the Middle East.
“Our Innovation Zone is new for Idex and we look forward to showing our stakeholders current developments in exciting new areas of autonomy, active protection and security.”
“Idex is an important show for BAE Systems, giving us the opportunity to strengthen our relationship with customers and partners and underlining the region’s importance to the company.”
Highlighted products on display outdoors at the BAE Systems’ pavilion include the RG-12 armoured personnel carrier and the BvS10 armoured all terrain vehicle with a LEMUR remote controlled weapon station. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai private security firm gets key certification
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet