Kuwait navy to help Bahrain
Kuwait, March 18, 2011
Kuwait's navy plans to head to Bahrain soon to protect the island nation's waters, Kuwait's ambassador to Bahrain was quoted as saying on Thursday.
On Monday, Bahrain asked for support under a Gulf defence pact after weeks of protests by anti-government activists.
The ambassador, Sheikh Azzam al-Sabah, was cited by Kuwait's Watan news service, which gave no further details. Kuwaiti officials could immediately not be reached for comment.
Some 1,000 Saudi soldiers and 500 police officers from the United Arab Emirates entered Bahrain earlier this week as Bahraini security forces led a crackdown on protests that have been going on for over a month. - Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract