RAK Ceramics opens revamped central store
Ras Al Khaimah, May 5, 2011
RAK Ceramics, the world's largest ceramic tiles & bathware manufacturing company, recently opened its refurbished central storeroom in Ras Al Khaimah which was gutted in a major fire in 2009.
The renovated store will serve as a hub for all consumables that the company requires for the smooth running of its tile production operations in the emirate. The store now features a state-of-the-art fire protection system. In addition, a raking system, which allows efficient store management and tracking, has also been installed in-store for enhanced protection.
“The incident in 2009 was unfortunate, especially given our excellent safety and security track record. Nevertheless, the refurbished store has a highly advanced fire protection system, which the employees have been familiarized with. From an operational perspective, this store plays a crucial role in ensuring that the company’s production workflow is maintained at the optimum level,” said Abdallah Massaad, deputy CEO of RAK Ceramics.
RAK Ceramics is a $1 billion global conglomerate in the ceramic industry, offering a product portfolio comprising over 8,000 designs in ceramic tiles, Gres Porcellanato, and several models in bathware.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm