Media centre to back Bahrain talks
Manama, June 13, 2011
A media centre for Bahrain's national dialogue, as well as a website for the same, are set to be launched in a matter of days, said a top official.
Parliament chairman Khalifa Al Dhahrani, who has been appointed to lead the dialogue, said the centre would communicate information about the process with all local and international media.
He also pledged that the media centre would remain neutral.
"The centre will be responsible for information on what goes on during the dialogue with transparency, professionalism and neutrality and details of how to contact it will be announced within days to coincide with its operations," said Al Dhahrani.
"We have chosen Mr Al Abd Al Kareem to handle the centre's responsibility and to be a spokesman for the dialogue for the experience and respect he has in the profession."
Al Dhahrani said invitations to the dialogue would be sent out in the coming days, adding that mechanisms to communicate with all sides would be announced.
These include political associations, non-governmental organisations and the media.
Isa Abdulrahman Al Abd Al Kareem, the Economic Development Board (EDB) media and communication senior director, has been appointed as the dialogue's official spokesman.
The dialogue is due to start on July 1. – TradeArabia News Centre
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm