Viva to feature Bollywood content
Manama, July 13, 2011
Viva, a leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, is set to offer Indian music tracks as well as Hindi movies in partnership with Hungama Digital Media, a South Asian entertainment content aggregator.
The partnership gives Viva users access to Hungama’s extensive digital library, which can currently be used to download ring back tones and will in future provide access to ringtones, wallpapers and music tracks.
The entertainment genres include Hindi, devotional, Indian regional music, Indian old hits and Indi Pop.
The catalogue also includes some of the latest movie releases and the biggest blockbuster hits in recent times.
“The Middle East is a very important market for Bollywood and Indian entertainment, and with our partnership with Viva we aim at increasing the availability of content on the mobile platform to their consumers,” said Albert Almeida, COO at Hungama Mobile.
“Consumers today are spending a lot of time using value added services and downloading music and videos. Therefore, we have a mix of content on mobile and WAP, combined with Viva’s services that allow customers to find and choose music as per their desired taste.”
Andrew Hanna, CCO at Viva, added: “It’s important to us to cater to our customers’ varying tastes, and so we expect quite a few of them will be delighted with this partnership.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy