Bahrain bids to cut road accidents by 30pc
Manama, July 20, 2011
Bahrain has drawn up ambitious plans to slash the number of fatal road accidents by 30 per cent within 10 years.
A series of initiatives have already been launched to improve road safety across the country, according to Works Ministry officials.
Traffic safety is being continuously monitored on all roads and extra road signs and safety barriers are introduced where necessary, said a statement.
All new road projects now have to adhere to strict safety guidelines in the planning, design and implementation phases.
Ministry officials said 339 projects had been inspected in the last two years.
The plan is being carried out with the co-ordination of the Works, Health, Education and Interior ministries. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires