New role for top CNN executive
Dubai, September 28, 2011
Turner Broadcasting Systems (TBS) has announced that Rani R Raad will be adding the role of senior vice president and managing director for Turkey, Middle East and Africa for Turner International to his existing responsibilities at CNN International.
Reporting to Jeff Kupsky, president TBS Europe, the newly-created role will see Raad include the entertainment channels Cartoon Network, Boomerang, TCM and Cartoon Network Arabic within his remit, alongside CNN International and CNN Arabic.
Raad will continue in his current role of senior vice president and managing director for CNN International advertising sales and business development, overseeing CNN's global commercial initiatives, while also managing and facilitating the growth of Turner’s business in Turkey and the MEA region.
Raad’s expanded duties will see him spending extensive time working with his teams in the region, with a brief to develop a strong, cohesive regional business strategy with local implementation and execution.
He will also manage Turner’s overall advertising sales business across its entertainment channels, with direct responsibility for EMEA, as well as managing staff and ongoing growth, development and operations of Turner’s businesses throughout Turkey and the MEA region, a statement said.
“Our aim is to integrate our business operations more closely across Turkey and MEA, and this role will form a key part of that plan. In his work for CNN, Rani has proven time and again his outstanding leadership skills. He has been instrumental in maximising new and integrated growth opportunities that have encompassed CNN’s editorial, digital and business development teams,” said Kupsky. - TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station