Yanni set for Dubai live concert
Dubai, October 3, 2011
Renowned musician and composer Yanni will be performing live for the first time in the Middle East at the Burj Park, Dubai Downtown on October 28.
The concert is being organised by Dubai Events and Promotions Establishment (Depe), under the patronage of Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, chairman of Dubai Culture.
A pianist and keyboardist, Yanni earned Grammy nominations for his 1992 album, Dare to Dream and the 1993 follow-up, In My Time.
His breakthrough success came with the 1994 release of 'Yanni Live at the Acropolis,' deemed to be the second best-selling music video of all time.
Yanni has since performed live in concert before more than two million people in over 20 countries around the world, the organisers said in a statement.
He has accumulated more than 35 platinum and gold albums globally, with sales totaling over 20 million copies.
Yanni is also considered to be one of the top fundraisers of all times for public television. His compositions have been included in all Olympic Games television broadcasts since 1988, and his music has been used extensively in TV and televised sporting events.
The tickets for Yanni's first regional concert have been priced at Dh350 ($95.2), Dh550, Dh750 and Dh1500. The concert starts at 8pm, the statement said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey