Adnec combats phone use while driving
Abu Dhabi, October 9, 2011
Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (Adnec) has launched an awareness campaign aimed at preventing usage of mobile phones while driving.
“Traffic accidents due to mobile phone usage while driving result in damage to property, serious injuries and even death. We believe every organisation has an opportunity to become part of the solution, and contribute by raising awareness about the risks,” said Ali Saeed Bin Harmal Al Dhaheri, managing director, Adnec.
"Adnec receives visitors from various sections of society; as such, it is an ideal venue to spread awareness and communicate directly with the public. In addition to this campaign, we will continue our efforts in supporting other initiatives that benefit our community,” he added.
The campaign, which will run until the end of the year, is featured on all 24 digital screens at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre and targets attendees to the nearly 30 events that will take place at the Centre in the fourth quarter of the year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head