8 French firms at Dubai food fest
Dubai, October 25, 2011
A total of eight French firms will present a range of food products at the French Pavilion at the Speciality Food Festival, which opened in Dubai today (October 25).
The range of foods includes foie gras, traditionally-prepared breads, chocolates and sweets, biscuits, vanilla, prunes, truffle and dressings and olive oil.
The success of the previous edition of The Speciality Food Festival encourages France to renew its participation in this show.
The eight exhibitors, coming from Paris and different regions of France, will not only showcase a profusion of products but will also offer to the visitors an opportunity to taste and enjoy the French products.
The exhibitors’ products will be used to cook both French and local recipes, demonstrating how they can be easily prepared and revealing how perfectly suited they are for international and oriental cuisine in the Chef’s corner.
Ubifrance, the French agency for international business development, aims at supporting French companies, especially small and medium ones, to come and find distributors in the UAE and the Middle East in general.
The two main markets in the region for French products are Saudi Arabia and the UAE, who together represent 50 per cent of this turnover.
French food exports to the Middle East greatly benefit from both their excellent reputation as well as from the increase of global consumption in the region where a taste for western-style products is growing and where the restaurant and fine-dining sector is thriving.
The food festival will run up to October 27 at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy