Energy prize launches innovations directory
Abu Dhabi, December 12, 2011
Zayed Future Energy Prize, a leading award for innovation, has launched an online directory that showcases the technology innovations in renewable energy and sustainability the prize has received over the years.
Innovators Hub was also launched to provide a networking platform for the renewable energy industry worldwide.
“The innovators hub builds on the assets of our prize by bringing past participants together, and fosters a healthy sustainable community centered on the prize,” said Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, director general of the Zayed Future Energy Prize.
“The Zayed Future Energy Prize has a distinct blend of innovation, entrepreneurial mindset, and collaboration, and we believe it will soon become the center of gravity for innovations in the world of renewable energy and sustainability.”
The first group of innovators listed is from the 2010 shortlisted candidates. With 40 entities featured, the new hub provides an opportunity for innovators and entrepreneurs to connect around new technologies, projects and big ideas, and engage directly with the marketplace.
Peer-to-peer communication opens the door to close collaboration and partnership opportunities, which in turn leads to a robust ecosystem for innovation.
“Innovation goes hand in hand with entrepreneurship. It means seizing new opportunities. It means harnessing solutions that can address the pressing global energy and climate issues that we face today,” added Dr Al Jaber.
“Entrepreneurship allows innovators to understand the market value and impact of their technologies and solutions. Essentially, our hub is about bringing together people with big ideas and people who can make them happen, which can help create a climate where businesses can thrive.”
The hub will serve primarily as an information and reference resource for the renewable energy community by providing a comprehensive directory of SMEs, NGOs, corporations and entrepreneurs all over the world that participated in the prize.
The hub seeks to promote open information sharing and collaboration among all participants. The aim is to pull together the best tools, practices, and content in the renewable energy innovation space. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station