Top Bahraini businessman named BIS chief
Manama, December 25, 2011
Leading Bahraini businessman Mohammed Dadabhai has been named new chairman of the Bahrain India Society (BIS).
The unanimous decision to name Mr Dadabhai and 10 others was taken during a meeting of the BIS board at the Arab Asia Business and Exhibition Centre, Salmaniya.
During the meeting, the society also elected Abdulnabi Al Sho'ala and Khalid Rashid Al Zayani as BIS honorary members.
Al Sho'ala, who had chaired the BIS since 2008, thanked the board for its support during the last three years and congratulated the new board and wished them all the best for the future endeavours of the society.
Dadabhai pledged to continue Al Sho'ala's work and contribute towards the society's growth. He said he was looking at the contribution and support of all board members to meet the society's objectives.
"There are very strong and deep-rooted relations between Bahrain and India and we will strive to enhance these over the next few years. We will contribute effectively towards more effective development in the years to come," he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced