Funeral date set for Bahrain journalist
Manama, December 29, 2011
Gulf Daily News deputy editor Les Horton, who died in the UK last Thursday, will be buried on January 6.
The funeral will be held at the Chiltern Woodland Burial Park near Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, at 10am.
Horton, a 56-year-old father-of-three, had been fighting cancer since October last year.
It has emerged he died in the arms of his wife, Sara, at the Wexham Park Hospital in Berkshire. He had been taken there by ambulance after suffering breathing difficulties at home.
Horton said anyone wanting to attend the funeral should contact her by e-mail at email@example.com for details.
She is also asking well-wishers not to send flowers, but instead make a donation to the Iain Rennie Hospice at Home - an organisation that supported Horton and his family.
The hospice is dedicated to providing care for the seriously ill in their own homes and supporting their children and families, both before and after death.
Horton is also urging people to consider donating blood in memory of the journalist.
"Although Les' battle with cancer ended tragically, he wouldn't have been able to fight it at all without the countless units of donated blood he was given over the last year," she said. - TradeArabia News Service