Unesco, Panasonic release heritage calendar
Osaka, January 5, 2012
The Unesco World Heritage Centre and Panasonic have released an online version of the 2012 World Heritage Calendar in five languages. It is available as a website, wallpaper, or as a downloadable stand-alone application.
As the year 2012 is the 40th anniversary since the inauguration of the World Heritage Convention, the calendar is expected to raise even more interest than the very popular 2011 version, said a statement.
The online version is especially targeted to educating young people, and more content will be added in the near future.
Featuring stunning photographs of 12 World Heritage sites, the calendar includes informative texts and interesting facts in English, Japanese, French, Chinese and Spanish.
There is also a game consisting of matching sites with illustrations related to them on a world map. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals