Unesco, Panasonic release heritage calendar
Osaka, January 5, 2012
The Unesco World Heritage Centre and Panasonic have released an online version of the 2012 World Heritage Calendar in five languages. It is available as a website, wallpaper, or as a downloadable stand-alone application.
As the year 2012 is the 40th anniversary since the inauguration of the World Heritage Convention, the calendar is expected to raise even more interest than the very popular 2011 version, said a statement.
The online version is especially targeted to educating young people, and more content will be added in the near future.
Featuring stunning photographs of 12 World Heritage sites, the calendar includes informative texts and interesting facts in English, Japanese, French, Chinese and Spanish.
There is also a game consisting of matching sites with illustrations related to them on a world map. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract
- Metito announces big global expansion, mulls IPO
- Saudi AAGH group tops Forbes ranking
- GCC ‘stepping up security co-operation’