Bahrain may step up security camera plan
Manama, January 25, 2012
Surveillance cameras could soon be installed across Bahrain to ensure security on roads, residential areas and markets.
Parliament unanimously approved the proposal to set up the CCTV cameras for government bodies concerned to monitor the country amidst escalation of violence, vandalism and sabotage.
The proposal could be implemented if approved by the Cabinet.
It follows actions taken by the government to instal surveillance cameras on major highways and plans to put them in every school after numerous attacks on educational facilities. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show