Kohler's new shower range wins red dot
Dubai, August 6, 2012
US-based Kohler, a global leader in bathroom design, has won a 2012 red dot design award for its new Torsion shower collection.
This year, 1,800 companies and designers from 58 countries registered to the “red dot award: product design” for a chance to prove their design ability in an international comparison with renowned designers and up-and-coming talents.
Within the competition's 19 different categories, a total of 4,515 registrations were submitted.
Mohamed Nada, regional marketing manager for Kohler in the Middle East said: “No detail was left unexamined in the engineering, design and manufacturing of the graceful Torsion.”
“The result is a fusion of art and engineering that is as beautiful as it is durable. A dramatic aluminium and glass construction, coupled with the clean safety glass 8 mm thick and fluid lines of the design bring unmatched elegance to any bathroom.”
The Torsion shower doors fuse functionality with structural integrity and design. The curved handle that can be mounted vertically or horizontally highlights the collection’s styling. Sophisticated door mechanisms are hidden within Torsion’s minimal framing, which gives a considered, uncluttered aesthetic and facilitates easy cleaning.
Three door opening options are available – Hinged, in-swing or sliding – and adapt to different shower spaces.
Hinged shower doors open outwards pivoting at the corner. The hinges are bonded on making the surface completely flush, easy to clean, without any screws or bolts. Sliding shower doors are made for large spaces and combine movement with a quiet closing action.
The door swings neatly inwards along a concealed track for a clean, sleek look. All doors can be combined with a fixed side panel for corner installation.
Optional accessories come with the shower doors, including a shower seat and shelf in Solid surface (natural stone resin). This high-end material is smooth and warm to the touch and offers a modern look to all bathrooms, adding originality and comfort.
The red dot Design Awards, created in 1955, reward innovations in product design, design concept and communication. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages