Dukkan Falafel in deal to launch in Qatar
Doha, November 27, 2012
Dukkan Falafel, a leading falafel restaurant chain, has signed an agreement with franchise owners Dubai-based Alternative Dining and Al Jassim Group to open multiple locations in Qatar over a period of 24 months.
Al Jassim Group director of business development Camille E Aoun said the rollout of Dukkan Falafel locations will be carefully considered and completed in phases to help establish a strong affinity-based relationship with customers in Qatar.
“Dukkan Falafel is the quintessential reinterpretation of authentic falafel. It is not a ‘fast food twist’. Therefore, there is a considerable amount of quality control we are carrying out before launching Dukkan Falafel in Qatar,” he added.
He however confirmed that the first outlet is planned to be launched very soon following alpha testing of the menu and service standards.
Rather than emphasis on ‘chaining restaurants’, Al Jassim Group is focusing on key locations and Dukkan Falafel’s virtually home-made authenticity to establish the brand in the country.
In addition to a range of falafel platters and sandwiches, Dukkan Falafel also serves up perennial favorites like fattet hummus, foul (mashed fava beans) and traditional hummus.
However the most important product in their arsenal, beyond the light and crispy falafel patty, is the in-house freshly baked Arabic flatbread, a statement said.
The menu features low cholesterol, low sodium and low fat meals. Some examples of resource selection include the use of extra virgin olive oil, zero-trans-fat canola oil for frying, freshly sourced herbs and the best available vegetables.
Al Jassim Group said it sought to bring Dukkan Falafel to Doha because the formula had proven such an immense success in its home market of the UAE where Dukkan Falafel grew from one outlet in Dubai’s Jumeirah district in 2010 to 18 prime locations in the UAE at the end of September 2012.
Aoun said this is aligned perfectly with Al Jassim Group’s strategy to seek and partner with pioneering and unique brands in Qatar, whilst adding value to the community and markets in which they operate.
Rami Wardeh, chief executive and co-founder of Alternative Dining, owners of the Dukkan Falafel brand, said: “We are highly enthused by the prospect of offering Dukkan Falafel in Qatar and are confident that our strategic partnership with Al Jassim Group will deliver great value to the brand.
“Al Jassim Group has a long history of managing global brands in Qatar and we are confident that Dukkan Falafel will benefit from the expertise and attention to detail that they have consistently demonstrated.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal