RTA signs up with EATC
Dubai, September 29, 2007
The Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) has signed an agreement with Emirates Automobile and Touring Club (EATC).
As per this agreement, assistance will be provided in issuing international driving licenses and customs documents to travellers crossing borders with their vehicles in the GCC jurisdiction.
The agreement was signed on behalf of the RTA by chairman of the board and executive director Mattar Al Tayer and Mohammed Ahmed bin Sulayem, chairman of the club of EATC in presence of CEO of Traffic & Roads Agency Maitha Mohammed bin Adai, CEO of Strategy & Corporate Governance Abdul Mohsin Ibrahim, director of Licensing Department Ali Mohammed Al Jasim, director of marketing & corporate communications department Dr. Aysha Al Busmait, director of strategy & governance department Ahmed Bahrozyan and stakeholder relations manager Khalid Al Ramsi.
According to the agreement, RTA will issue international driving licenses and handle custom documents according to the system applicable at Emirates Automobile and Touring Club which is an affiliated member of International Automobile Federation (FIA) and International Association of Tour (AIT).
Following this agreement, travellers holding official travelling tickets issued from UAE Automobile and Touring Club will find it easier to cross borders to countries neighbouring the GCC.
The agreement aims at averting difficulties road travellers may face at border crossing points. It will also strengthen travelling and tourist links between the UAE and countries neighbouring the GCC like Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt.- TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm