Mercury Montego unveiled at ME Motor Show
Dubai, November 10, 2007
Mercury, Ford Motor Company's mid-range luxury brand, heats up in this year's Middle East International Motor Show with the introduction of the award-winning Mercury Montego and the exciting compact SUV Mariner.
The brand received a boost in 2007 with the launch of the new mid-size Milan as well as new marketing strategies that will further the Mercury image through 2008.
"This year has been outstanding for the Mercury brand starting with the debut of Milan, which received a tremendous response from our customers," said sales and marketing director of Ford Middle East Hussein Murad.
"Today, with the addition of the award-winning Montego and the Mariner to the Mercury showrooms, we are offering an unprecedented choice of five products from this brand and we expect to attract new customers in our showrooms around the region," he added.
Montego, powered by the award winning Duratec 263 hp 3.5L V-6 engine, signals the bold return to form for Mercury in the sedan category. With its distinctive satin grille finish and available 18" chrome-clad wheels, the full-size sedan further builds on Mercury's stylishness and understated elegance.
The new model boasts a six-speed automatic transmission as well as unsurpassed safety features including as much as six standard airbags.
Established in the 1930s in the US, Mercury has built a reputation for distinctive and stylish vehicles blending performance and comfort which continues to this day. In the Middle East, sales of Mercury products have exceeded 100,000 units over the last decade.- TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva