BMW unveils new models, concept cars
Dubai, November 14, 2007
BMW Group Middle East revealed a range of new models and concept cars today at the 9th International Middle East Motor Show.
The show opened in Dubai today.
The group unveiled to the region the BMW Concept CS, BMW Concept X6 and the new BMW M3 Coupé.
“At BMW Group we are heavily investing in the future of our company - all over the world, customer demands are ever increasing. They want cars that are cleaner and more economical, but also more powerful and dynamic. In the Middle East these demands are reflected and magnified,” said Phil Horton, managing director, BMW Group Middle East.
“The booming economic environment is driving a great swell of optimism which has pushed the premium car segment to grow even faster than the overall market. At BMW we are obviously already well placed to meet these customer aspirations. Today we are proud to introduce three new models to the region, which can only enhance our strong reputation for producing the best luxury sports saloons in the world.
“In line with the motto for all BMW M vehicles – engineered on the racetrack, built for the road – the tradition holds true for the fourth generation BMW M3 Coupé. This car boasts a V8 engine with 420hp and accelerates from 0-100km/h in just 4.8 seconds.
“The BMW Concept X6 shows what the very near future will bring - combining true BMW dynamics with dramatic styling and twin turbo power. This vehicle represents a completely new automotive concept: the first Sports Activity Coupe,” continued Horton.
The exclusive BMW Concept CS, which was only confirmed for production last month by the BMW board, was the real star of the show. BMW Group’s director of design, Adrian Van Hooydonk, flew in from BMW Group’s headquarters in Munich for the reveal, to provide an insight on the evolutionary development of BMW’s design language.
“As the head of the BMW brand design team, we always strive to design and produce evolutionary concepts that reflect the aspirations of our customers,” said Van Hooydonk.
“The BMW Concept CS, BMW Concept X6 and new M3 Coupé are three unique cars that further strengthen the position of BMW in the premium car segment. The new CS in particular is a concept and design study which consciously looks into the future. It is the vision of a car which combines superior dynamism and stylish exclusivity in perfection - it comes as a brand-new vehicle concept in the luxury class.”
In addition, BMW Group Middle East also revealed the MINI Clubman and the new MINI Challenge.
“We are expanding the MINI family further with the introduction of the Clubman, which offers 21st Century state-of-art technologies in all its details and features. The MINI Challenge is also due for arrival in the Middle East in Q3 2008,” said Horton. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show