Thrifty first to offer cars with GPS
Muscat, April 5, 2008
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group is the first car rental company in Oman to offer GPS Navigation systems to customers, as of February 2008.
This coincides with the appointment of Mehdi Jaffer as the deputy managing director of Al Haditha Group, which is the flagship of Thrifty.
With an extensive collection of new vehicles, Thrifty is able to offer customers innovative rental options, such as the latest GPS navigation. The navigation system will guide the driver to their destination, making it easier to travel around the region.
“As the region’s market leader we have found that a growing number of customers require specialist cars for their private and professional lives. With our comprehensive portfolio of vehicles now enhanced by the additional vehicles with GPS navigation, combined with a consistently high standard of professionalism we are able to continuously provide customers with the best service,” said regional director, Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, MENA, Sam Eltibi.
Jaffer has a total of nine years experience in automobile and retail industries in the US and the UK. He also has consultancy experience, having worked with Ernst & Young, a leading consultancy firm in the Middle East and one of the “Big four” in the world. He brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to Thrifty Oman.
“I am looking forward to using my varied experience, especially the expertise I developed working in the automotive and retail sector in various roles. I am confident I will make a positive contribution to Thrifty and help maintain its impeccable reputation as one of the leading car rental companies,” said Jaffer. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer