Toyota and GM recall 662,000 vehicles
Detroit, April 10, 2008
Toyota Motor Corp and General Motors Corp are recalling more than 662,000 vehicles sold in the United States due to defects in power windows, the two companies said.
Toyota will recall 539,500 Corolla and Matrix vehicles for the 2003 and 2004 model years, it said in a statement.
GM said it would recall 122,598 Pontiac Vibe hatchbacks, which share the same platform with Toyota's Matrix and are built by GM in a joint venture with the Japanese automaker.
On vehicles equipped with power windows, the driver and front passenger glass bolts may loosen and cause the door glass to separate from the window regulator, Toyota said. Vehicles equipped with manual windows are not subject to the recall.
Toyota will notify vehicle owners by mail, beginning in late April. It advised owners to contact their local Toyota dealer for inspection and repairs.
Replacement of the driver and front passenger door glass bolts will be done at no charge, Toyota said. - Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style