Microsoft to unveil traffic jam beater
New York, April 10, 2008
Microsoft Corp plans on Thursday to unveil a Web-based service for driving directions that uses sophisticated software to help its users avoid traffic jams, a report said.
The software technology system, called Clearflow, will provide drivers with alternative information for routes that takes into account prevailing traffic patterns, according to the New York Times.
The Clearflow system will be available as part of Microsoft's Live.com site for 72 US cities, the report said.
Microsoft was not immediately available for comment. - Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC