New Seat Ibiza set for debut show
Dubai, April 20, 2008
The new Seat Ibiza will be making its debut motor show appearance in Madrid as part of its European market launch.
Seat will unveil the new Ibiza at its development and production facility in Martorell on May 22, 2008.
“The new Seat Ibiza is the car for the young and the young-at-heart, people who appreciate design, sportiness and quality, and are also environmentally aware,” said chairman of the board of management Erich Schmitt.
The Seat Ibiza benefits from a new technical basis, with a longer wheelbase and greater track width, which results in enhanced dynamic qualities. At the same time, the Ibiza expands its comfort and safety specification with parking sensors and cornering light function, as well as newly developed airbag systems.
The new Seat Ibiza combines comfort and safety with a reduced vehicle weight. The lower weight, the efficient engines and the reconfigured transmission ratios all add up to reduced fuel consumption and emissions.
All of the petrol-powered models emit less than 160g CO2/km, while the entire diesel range keeps CO2 emissions below 120g/km.
“The Seat Ibiza is intended to heighten emotions and lower emissions,” added Schmitt.
The looks of the Seat Ibiza are moulded by the new “Arrow Design” concept. It’s newly designed front-end and the distinctly contoured lines running lengthwise reinforce the vehicle’s dynamic, modern statement, while tremendous attention to detail makes the sporty Spanish model more than street-ready.
Seat SA, is a Spanish company wholly owned subsidiary of Volkswagen-Audi Group- Germany. In Oman, Towell Auto Centre is authorised dealer of Seat and its showroom is located at Wattayah. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm