Tiida sales cross 1m milestone
Dubai, April 21, 2008
The global cumulative sales of Tiida compact car topped one million in March 2008.
This milestone comes just three and a half years after Tiida was introduced on September 30, 2004, in Japan, said an official spokesman with Nissan Motor Co Ltd.
Tiida was initially launched in the Japanese market in September 2004, followed by a rollout to other markets including the Middle East and China in 2005 with subsequent launches in North America and Europe in 2006 and 2007 respectively.
Tiida has achieved high ratings due to its spacious and modern interior, impressive driving performance and high fuel efficiency which surpasses other vehicles in its class.
“The Nissan Tiida offers exceptional interior space and a responsive driving experience, empowering buyers to make their choice based on what they want, not what they can afford. Add in the Tiida’s fresh styling, comfortable interior and innovation, it creates a smart and uncompromising choice. No doubt the Tiida has been one of the most successful product introductions for Nissan in our region,” said passenger vehicles brand manager at Nissan Middle East Hirotaka Mima.
Nissan's top selling Tiida received a plethora of international awards which included 2007 “Inter-American Car of the Year” by FIPA, Inter-American Federation of Auto Journalists.
The Nissan Tiida topped the category of Car of the Year amongst 58 models in the passenger vehicle category. Other awards includes the 2006 China “Car of the Year” by SINA Corporation, a leading Asian online media company and information service provider based in China and “Best Small Japanese Car” by the Pan Arab Future TV in 2005.
“The award-winning Nissan Tiida offers its Middle East consumers in one attractive, affordable package – roominess, comfort, style, performance, fuel efficiency and high quality. At Nissan, we offer value with no compromises on all levels,” said Mima.
As of March, 2008, Tiida is sold in 165 countries worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers