Owners vote for Mercedes-Benz quality
Dubai, June 24, 2008
Mercedes-Benz finished fourth in the latest JD Power and Associates Initial Quality Study (IQS), up one place from last year.
The company also won two model level awards for the E-Class and CLK-Class as well as the Sindelfingen production plant, home of the Middle East’s favourite luxury sedan the S-Class, earning a Platinum Plant quality award.
The 2008 IQS report provides information on new vehicle performance gathered from owners of 2008 model-year vehicles bought between November 1, 2007, and January 31, 2008.
More than 421,000 owners and lessors were surveyed with the results based on the answers from the over 81,000 that responded.
“Mercedes-Benz scores 104 points which is well below the industrial average of 118 and considerably ahead of its traditional German luxury car competitors,” said director, sales and marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East and Levant, Frank Bernthaler.
“This standard of excellence is reflected in our current sales across the region which, at 8,346, are significantly above those over the same five-month period in 2007.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO