BMW equips 8,456 cars with latest technology
Dubai, July 17, 2008
BMW ConnectedDrive, a single network that offers customers greater comfort, safety and advanced infotainment, has been implemented in 8,456 cars in UAE.
Launched in the UAE in 2003, these vehicles have been equipped with unique technology which brings together three exclusive BMW services – BMW Assist, BMW Online and BMW TeleService – providing safety services, email accessibility and diagnostic technology respectively, according to the company.
BMW Assist gives customers access to a dedicated 24-hour response centre. In the case of an unforeseen event, a direct voice link to the Response Centre is established by using the SOS button or Emergency Service feature.
With BMW Online customers can access emails and their address book while seated in the car.
BMW TeleServices enables cordless transmission of maintenance data from the car directly to the local BMW importer, providing a specific service profile for each vehicle, and allows for spare parts to be reserved or ordered prior to the service date, thereby eliminating delays.- TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm