Bahrain launch for Lamborghini
Manama, August 11, 2008
Italian sports car manufacturer Lamborghini will unveil two of its latest high performance automobiles at this year’s Bahrain International Motor Show (BIMS) 2008 in October.
The Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 and Lamborghini MurciŽlago LP 640 will both make their GCC debut in Bahrain as part of the motor show that will continue from October 4 to 7 at the Bahrain International Exhibition Centre (BIEC), Sanabis.
The company’s official importer in Saudi Arabia, Al Ghassan Motors, said Bahrain’s geographical location was one of the reasons it was chosen for the debuts.
’We consider Bahrain and Saudi Arabia as a unit because many Saudis visit the country,’ said Al Ghassan Motors marketing manager Imad Rihan.
The event is being organised by the Bahrain Exhibition and Convention Authority (BECA) in a joint venture with Germany-based auto fair organiser Messe Essen.
BECA operates under the leadership of Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro, who is also BECA board chairman.
Al Ghassan Motors owner Shaikh Ghassan Al Suleiman, general manager David Leach, brand manager Sultan Hamdi and Rihan are expected to attend the event.
High-performance auto and engine makers RUF Automobile, Jaguar, Hummer and Pankl Racing Systems AG will be represented at the inaugural international motor show, while national pavilions from Germany, Taiwan and the UAE will also have a presence. The event will also showcase a surprise super car.
’BIMS is shaping up to be a hallmark event for the Kingdom of Bahrain with its unique exhibits of production, classic, concept and performance cars across different brands and its timely significance,’ said Dr Fakhro.
’Its inaugural launch in October coincides with the celebration of Eid Al Fitr, enabling thousands of car enthusiasts and families to visit the show at the BIEC.’
Dr Fakhro said that the autumn dates would make it more viable for Bahrain’s auto dealers to showcase their new models and concept cars for next year.
The event is being supported by the Industry and Commerce Ministry, Economic Development Board and the Bahrain International Circuit.
Gulf Air was named the official airline, while DHL is the official freight carrier.
’We are very encouraged by the positive response we have been receiving in recent weeks,’ said BECA acting chief executive Debbie Stanford-Kristiansen.
’It is always hard launching a new event, but the encouraging response we have been receiving for BIMS proves that people believe in our efforts to assist industry stakeholders in establishing Bahrain as a business-friendly destination, and automotive centre of excellence.
’Following the signing of the memorandum of understanding between BECA and Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry, now is the most opportune time for Bahrain’s automotive and motoring industry to have a presence at BIMS 08,’ Stanford-Kristiansen said.
More than 19,000sqm of exhibition space has been booked at BIEC, giving car agents and other exhibitors ample space to stretch the limits of their creativity.
Bahrain’s own motor show follows the concept of Messe Essen’s global fair for automobiles, tuning, motor sport and classic cars.
The event was launched to reinforce Bahrain’s reputation as the home of motor sports in the Middle East. - TradeArabia News service
More Motoring Stories
- GM recalls 1.5m vehicles over faulty ignition switches
- Mahmoudia Motors appoints new GM
- Hyundai seals $8m truck deal with RAK govt firm
- 'Fake' explosives cause roads chaos in Bahrain
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs