Abu Dhabi bowled over by Porsche '09 models
Abu Dhabi, January 27, 2009
Porsche World Roadshow arrived in Abu Dhabi for the first time ever with its full line-up of 2009 models attracting around 300 customers who got the chance to experience the new Porsche technologies.
Porsche Centre Abu Dhabi, a division of Ali and Sons, and Porsche Middle East and Africa organised the roadshow recently in Abu Dhabi at the Golf and Equestrian Club.
The show featured 20 cars and attracted around 300 customers who got the chance to experience the new Porsche technologies embedded in the 2009 models, said an official.
With professional instructors from Germany, and local sales people available on site, Porsche enthusiasts had all their questions answered and were furthermore professionally trained on mastering driving techniques of off-roading, breaking, handling and slalom.
Participants were divided into groups that allowed them to experience driving the ultimate range of high-performance sports cars and SUVs.
In addition to giving drivers a unique experience of what the Porsche brand has to offer, The Porsche World Roadshow is all about safety and fun and is designed to highlight just how enjoyable driving a Porsche can be.
“Every Porsche model offers outstanding performance, so it is important for drivers to learn how to harness such power safely,” said Wissam Khalil, brand manager at Porsche Centre Abu Dhabi.
'The Porsche World Roadshow aims to do this in a fun environment with world-class instructors. We were pleased to host the Roadshow for the first time in Abu Dhabi, after concluding a successful year with record sales of more than 1000 units,' he added.
He said the successful results and rising popularity of the event and the brand encourage us to repeat this event to give even more people a unique flavour of what the Porsche brand has to offer.
Porsche World Roadshow has been a regular feature around the world for some time. Wherever it is held, participants flock to experience the advanced technical features, power and world-class performance of Porsche’s wide range of sports cars and SUVs.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm