Samaco launches new Passat in Saudi Arabia
Jeddah, January 29, 2009
Samaco, the exclusive Volkswagen dealer in Saudi Arabia, is starting 2009 with the launch of the new Passat CC.
This sporty, dynamic car represents a brand new segment in the automobile industry combining the rationality of a saloon and the emotional appeal of a sports coupé, a first for the motoring world, said an official spokesman.
“The Passat CC is our first Volkswagen launch in 2009 in the Saudi market. This year will also witness the launch of the legendary Volkswagen Scirocco and the sixth generation of the iconic Golf. Both will be introduced in the first quarter of this year,” said COO of Samaco Shaikh Mohammad Raffa.
“At Samaco, we look forward to an eventful year 2009 and the continuation of our success in sales as well as after-sales service for Volkswagen in Saudi Arabia”.
The four-door coupé measures 4,796 millimetres in length, which is 31 millimetres more than the classic Passat. With a width of 1,856 millimetres (an extra 36 millimetres), the Passat CC already ranges in the competitive field of the upper mid-class.
Similar to its width, its track width dimensions were also modified. In front it is 1,553 millimetres (an extra 11 millimetres), and in the rear 1,557 millimetres (an extra 16 millimetres). The new Volkswagen measures just 1,420 millimetres in height (lowered by 50 millimetres) – very sports car like.
The Passat CC is a pure four-seater. The coupé philosophy is reflected in the interior in this seat layout too. Both in front and in the rear, ergonomically designed sport seats of the highest calibre are used.
The cockpit design of the classic Passat is already considered exceptionally sporty, elegant and high-end. Newly conceptualised were the entire rear seating area, the instruments, control of the standard climate control system, the steering wheels that are offered and door trim including accent strips.
Available options here include accents in genuine wood and newly developed applications of brushed aluminium. Upon request a newly designed ambiance lighting system on the doors, called “ambiance package,” gives the interior an especially pleasant lighting ambiance at night.
A total of three leather sport steering wheels are available for the Passat CC. Depending on the version, the multifunction keys in the steering wheel can be used to control the trip computer, various assistance systems, the audio systems and telephone.
The Passat CC is being offered with a new generation radio and navigation system. Features of the top version – the RNS 510 – include intuitive touch screen control and a hard-disk supported navigation system. In conjunction with the “Rear Assist” parking assistance system, when driving in reverse, images of the surroundings behind the Passat CC are transmitted to the screen from a rear view camera.
Newly developed is a climate control feature which provides active ventilation of the seat and seatback surfaces, improving comfort considerably. About 320 litres of air are exchanged per minute here using ventilation fan motors that are particularly silent.
Also newly developed for the Passat CC is an electrically activated Panorama vent sunroof. The transparent roof is 750 millimetres long and 1,120 millimetres wide.
Other technological systems featured in the Passat CC include the Mobility Tire System. From a statistical viewpoint car drivers experience a flat tire every 100,000 kms.
Volkswagen will be offering the Passat CC exclusively with highly advanced direct injection engines in the Saudi Arabia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer