Vespa launched in Bahrain
Manama, March 15, 2009
Wheels of Arabia (WOA), a subsidiary of Khalid Almoayed & Sons, has introduced the Vespa scooter in Bahrain.
The product was recently showcased at the SpeedTrip show held at Bahrain International Circuit (BIC).
Recognised globally as a means of transport associated with the spirit of adventure, fun, freedom, and style, Vespa fits in perfectly with the ventures that WOA has typically been associated with, said an official.
“We are very much excited about bringing Vespa to the Kingdom. With all the interesting new trends we are seeing on the streets of Bahrain, we believe Vespa will be the most innovative and highly sustainable mode of transport here,” Abdulrahman Almoayed, director of Wheels of Arabia said.
Similar to the Segway human transporters and car accessories WOA has focused on the past, the Vespa is more than a means of transportation.
Offering an array of models available in different colours, features, and other accommodating accessories, the Vespa is a personal expression, he said.
Beyond Vespa’s visual appeal, the scooter is also a convenient, safe and environmentally friendly way to travel, he explained.
'The exceptionally low average fuel consumption of 70 mpg means it is a cost-efficient transport. The engine is eco-friendly as it uses minimal carbon emissions. As for parking, the scooter size and shape is ideal for fast and easy access,' Almoayed added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer