Vespa launched in Bahrain
Manama, March 15, 2009
Wheels of Arabia (WOA), a subsidiary of Khalid Almoayed & Sons, has introduced the Vespa scooter in Bahrain.
The product was recently showcased at the SpeedTrip show held at Bahrain International Circuit (BIC).
Recognised globally as a means of transport associated with the spirit of adventure, fun, freedom, and style, Vespa fits in perfectly with the ventures that WOA has typically been associated with, said an official.
“We are very much excited about bringing Vespa to the Kingdom. With all the interesting new trends we are seeing on the streets of Bahrain, we believe Vespa will be the most innovative and highly sustainable mode of transport here,” Abdulrahman Almoayed, director of Wheels of Arabia said.
Similar to the Segway human transporters and car accessories WOA has focused on the past, the Vespa is more than a means of transportation.
Offering an array of models available in different colours, features, and other accommodating accessories, the Vespa is a personal expression, he said.
Beyond Vespa’s visual appeal, the scooter is also a convenient, safe and environmentally friendly way to travel, he explained.
'The exceptionally low average fuel consumption of 70 mpg means it is a cost-efficient transport. The engine is eco-friendly as it uses minimal carbon emissions. As for parking, the scooter size and shape is ideal for fast and easy access,' Almoayed added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Daimler gets Aston Martin stake in engine supply deal
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success